Saturday, 29 June 2019

Best Book Couples

Hey guys, today I wanted to talk a bit about book couples and my favourites. I love when you can really root for a couple in a book and the following are no exception. Here goes...




1) Hadley & Oliver
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


This book was a really sweet and cute read where I didn't mind the insta-love that it was laced with. Hadley and Oliver were both great characters individually but the impromptu meet-cute on the plane was great to read about and made me love them even more. It becomes a will-they, won't-they type of tale and I was behind it every step of the way. Definitely a couple I believed in and adored!


2) Mr & Mrs Owens
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman


Although not necessarily expected for this list, Mr and Mrs Owens have always stuck with me even months after reading this book. The two of them adopt Bod when he moves into the graveyard as they are both ghosts. They have one regret which is that they never had children so Bod fits in perfectly and they make a great, albeit dysfunctional family unit. Something about the two of them made me want to add them to my favourite couples list.


3) Betsy Taylor & Eric Sinclair
Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson


This is one of my favourite series that takes on a completely different type of vampires. Betsy Taylor 'dies' one day and somehow wakes up as a vampire. She then finds out she is the new Queen of the Vampires and meets Eric Taylor who is trying to become her King. It's delicious, sexy and absolutely hilarious. A great read and something completely different but the sass between the two makes for a fantastic couple alert!


4) Cormoran Strike & Robin Ellacott
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith


I don't think anyone could read the Cormoran Strike series and not fall in love with the idea of the two main characters together. Although not technically an official couple, I like to think of them as one. I despise Robin's partner Matthew so much and sometimes I feel like I'd rather anyone be with her except him. However, Cormoran and Robin have so much respect for each other and they have such a wonderful relationship that I had to include them on this list.


5) Aza Holmes & Davis Pickett
Turtles All The Way Down by John Green


This book is absolutely not predominately about the relationship but I enjoyed it a lot anyway. This is a book about mental health and OCD so don't go into it thinking it's a romance novel. However, the relationship in this worked perfectly for me. I loved how it explored how mental health can affect your relationships but in Davis, I saw a man who was willing and capable of working with Aza to help her. Davis wasn't completely fleshed out in my opinion but in his relationship with Aza, I thought John Green did a fantastic job.


So there you are, that is my top 5 book couples. Who are some of yours?
Until next time, happy reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment