Wednesday, 5 June 2019

50 Bookish Questions Tag (Part THREE)

Hey guys, happy Wednesday and we are now halfway through this tag series. Here is part THREE and it's about to get juicy!


21) Have you ever read a book series because you were pressured?
I started the A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket because all my friends at primary school were reading it but it worked out really well in the end because I loved it. I still haven't finished the series but I did enjoy both the movie and favourably the TV adaptation with Neil Patrick Harris. It worked out well in the end!

22) What famous author have you not read any books by?

Image from The New Yorker
I haven't read anything by Haruki Murakami and I would very much like to! I've heard some pretty spectacular things about his writing and how he infuses Japanese culture into them. I cannot wait to get to some but as of yet, I haven't read any of his books.

23) Who is your favourite author of all time?
I have so many favourites but three off the top of my head are Stephanie Perkins, Laini Taylor and Anne Cassidy.

24) How many bookshelves do you own?
I have a big one in my living room and two smaller ones in my bedroom plus three stacks of books on top of my chest of drawers. I need more space for books *whispers* or I could just stop buying them but which do we think is more likely really?

25) How many books do you own?
I have a Goodreads shelf dedicated to every single book that I own and as of the date of writing this I have 343 books, including about 40 Kindle copies.

26) What is your favourite non-fiction book?


I love non-fiction so this is a difficult question for me but one I read recently that has really stayed with me is Dear Ijeawele or a Feminist Manifesto In Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It's a wonderful short collection talking about ways in which we can bring up our children to be feminist without too much effort. I would recommend to anyone as it is a short read and really insightful.

27) What is your favourite children's/middle-grade book?
Wonder by R. J. Palacio is a fantastic read and really makes me think. I know it blurs the lines a bit between YA and Middle-Grade but Auggie, the main character, is 10 so I class it as middle grade and a fantastic one at that.

28) What is your next book on your TBR?


I love James Patterson and Cat & Mouse is the next book in the Alex Cross series. I have read the first three and my hope is to have read book four soon! I have ordered it so hoping it will arrive asap.

29) What book are you currently reading?
Faceless by Alyssa Sheinmel follows a teenager named Maisie who suffers extreme electrical burns after lightning strikes a tree and the power lines cause a fire. She has to come to terms with having someone else's face on hers after having a full face transplant. It's a fascinating read so far and I'm reading it for the #mentalhealthathon.

30) What book are you planning on buying next?
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy is an urgent buy for me. It's not my usual book but it is a classic that I would love to read. I am buddy reading it in August with Charlie and Emily. So it would help really if I owned it first.

So there you are guys, that is questions 21-30. Hope you enjoyed it and come back tomorrow for the next 10. Until next time, happy reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment