Monday, 3 June 2019

50 Bookish Questions Tag (Part ONE)

Hey guys, I thought seeing as this is my first proper post I would introduce myself to those who don't know me with the 50 Bookish Questions Tag. It's a fun one and I can't wait to share my answers with you all! I don't know who originally did this tag but I saw it on Bookish & Bright's blog and thought it looked fun.
As there is a lot of questions, I will be doing 10 a day from Monday to Friday of this week, then we'll be back to regular scheduling starting Sunday!


1) What is your favourite book and/or book series of all time?
Yikes, tough start! Obviously the Harry Potter series are some of my favourite books ever! I've reread them so many times, I've lost count! I would say otherwise it would have to be The Naughtiest Girl series by Enid Blyton. It was a childhood staple that I continue to love to this day.

2) What is the longest book you have ever read? How many pages?


I believe it was Les Miserables by Victor Hugo which comes in at a whopping 1463 pages! It was a long one but ultimately a great one!

3) What is the oldest book you have ever read? (Based on it's written date)
This would be Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare as it was written in the 1500's.

4) What is a book series that everyone else loves but you do not?
I am rubbish at finishing series so I can only go from the first book but it would have to be The Maze Runner series by James Dashner. I hated the first book so can't imagine I would like the rest anymore. I do know however that this book is much more polarising now though, it's a love hate book for sure!

5) What book/book series would you like to see turned into a TV/movie?


I would say Splintered by AG Howard which is funny because I actually didn't like the book but I think in movie form, it could be great!

6) What is your favourite standalone book?
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella is a beautiful read and really diverse in terms of the mental health representation and I loved it!

7) What is a book that you feel glad for not reading?


I don't really like this question because until I've read a book, I try not to prejudge it. However a book that I'm not going to give a go is The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien or any other books by him other than The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I've struggled to get through LOTR and although I want to finish the series, I don't want to read anything else by him.

8) What is a book that you feel guilty for not reading?
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov is such a classic book and although it's quite a deep and taboo subject, I desperately wanting to read it so maybe not guilty but it needs to happen!

9) What is a book you have read that is set in your country of birth?
Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney is a really interesting thriller set in England that I really enjoyed! It follows a woman who is in a coma in hospital able to hear and see people but unable to communicate... honestly my worst nightmare!

10) What is a book that you own more than one copy of?
None! I don't keep books once I have read them so I don't have multiple copies of any books.


There you are go guys, come back tomorrow for the second set of 10 questions!
Until next time, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment