Hey guys, welcome back to the final day of Welcome Week on my new blog. I am wrapping up this introductory tag today so hopefully you've learned something more about me.
41) What is your favourite duology?
It has to be the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. I adore the Grisha universe and I obviously enjoyed it, because I actually completed the series! Shock horror I know.
42) What is your favourite trilogy?
There isn't honestly that many trilogies that I have completed; I usually read the first one or two books and then neglect to keep going. However, I have completed the Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephanie Perkins and I really enjoyed it. Also the covers are gorgeous!
43) What book did you buy because of its cover?
The Muse by Jessie Burton, although I'd heard of it before and in fact owned The Miniaturist by the same author, was a book that was a cover buy at the time of purchase. I've seen a dark blue cover a lot but the one I found in a charity shop was yellow and I love the look of it.
44) What is a book that you love, but has a terrible cover?
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo, I personally find the cover to be too cartoonish for the seriousness of the subject matter beneath. Not a terrible cover per se but one that I don't think matches the interior.
45) Do you own a poetry anthology? What is your favourite poem from it?
I don't own any poetry anymore but as a kid I loved Michael Rosen's poems especially Chocolate Cake. I can remember reading that over and over again imagining I was eating chocolate cake.
46) Do you own any colouring books based off other books?
My family bought me this official Harry Potter colouring book for Christmas two years ago and I love it so much to look at that I haven't coloured it yet. I don't want to ruin it!!
47) Do you own any historical fiction?
I do own some and I really enjoy historical fiction a lot as a genre. The first one that springs to mind is The Colour Purple by Alice Walker. I'm excited to buddy read this next week with Emily from Novelle Novels. I can't wait!
48) What book made you angry?
According To Yes by Dawn French made me angry for two reasons; the first because I hated the main character's lack or morals and respect for herself and the people around her; and secondly, I loved Dawn French's three other books but this one was not good.
49) What book has inspired you?
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green inspired me to think about illness as a separate identity to the person who has it. This includes the cancer that is mentioned in this book but also things like my own mental illnesses. I think it was a really helpful book in that capacity.
50) What book got you into reading?
It has to be the Harry Potter series, I'm surprised I haven't used this answer for previous questions! I will love and have always loved Harry Potter and it has a special place in my heart. It's the first books I remember looking forward to release days and talking to all my friends about.
That is the end of Welcome Week on this blog. I hope you have got to know me a bit more now and are ready for regular scheduling starting Sunday! Until next time, happy reading!






No comments:
Post a Comment