Hey guys, happy Tuesday! Welcome to my intro week on this blog. Today, as promised, we are doing the second instalment to the 50 Bookish Questions tag. Enjoy!
11) What horror book made you really scared?
Normally I don't get scared at books because the reading negates the fear for me, I get terrified at movies but books not so much. However a book that did freak me out quite a bit was A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It got to me a few ways. Firstly the creepy elements played on my mind for ages and secondly, I cried A LOT! Overall, it's not a horror book but it scared me in some ways.
12) What book do you passionately hate?
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons is a book of disgusting morals, intense sexism and trigger warnings for rape and domestic abuse. This books makes me angry in so many ways and I'm surprised I finished it honestly. It's also a huge book which meant I spent even more of my time reading absolute tripe!
13) What is the biggest book series you have read? How many books are in it?
As I mentioned in Part ONE, I very rarely finish series so it's probably Harry Potter because I actually read all seven books. Other than that, I've started lots of big series but I'm probably not finished yet!
14) What book gives you happy memories?
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott is not only a book that I read a lot as a child but I also recently buddy read it with Charlie and Lorraine and had such a wonderful time. I've really learnt that I love buddy reads this year and Little Women was a particularly great one to look back on.
15) What book made you cry?
I, again, don't cry much at books because the reading element but for some reason, this book brought a bit of a tear to my eye! It's a difficult one to talk about without people getting upset because I know just how controversial this book is. I understand the comments but for some reason something about this one touched a nerve.
16) What book made you laugh?
The Railway Children by E. Nesbitt was funny in places when I heard the three siblings talking together. It really managed to capture how sibling relationships work that I found myself laughing aloud a few times throughout.
17) What is your favourite book that contains an LGBTQ+ character?
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo follows a trans woman named Amanda starting a new school where nobody knows her past. She starts to fall in love with Guy and it is perfection. Such a wonderful story with a wonderful array of characters, not least of all Amanda herself!
18) Have you read a book with a male protagonist? What is it?
Yes, lots of them.The one that springs to mind is Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson, another brilliant book series by him. Brandon can do no wrong in my eyes it seems and the main character in Steelheart shows a steely determination to avenge the death of his father that resonated with me so much.
19) Have you read a book set on another planet? What is it?
Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth is set in space, I guess but definitely not on this planet. I personally loved this book and I can't wait to read the second one soon!
20) Have you ever been glad to not finish a series? Which?
If I'm honest, I'm going to say The Witchlands series by Susan Dennard. I read Truthwitch and actually really enjoyed it but I've not heard great things about the rest of the series and I wouldn't want to spoil my thoughts on the first one.
There you have it guys, another instalment. Come back again tomorrow for Part THREE!
Until next time, happy reading!




No comments:
Post a Comment